Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening


Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon?
I sometimes find myself speaking up too soon. Especially when I want to point out something the speaker said.

If so, how can you clear your minds to fully listen?
We can make a conscious effort to hear not only the words that another person is saying but, also not allow ourselves to become distracted by our surroundings.

Do you ever find yourself waiting to jump in because you are eager to share?
I do somtimes feel like jumping into the conversation when I wanted to share something as after the speaker told me something, I sometimes have personal experiences related to the topic to tell her.

How can you channel your excitment into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
I can put my excitment aside, focus on the speaker to finish her speech completely before providing good feedback, personal opinion and experiences.

What else can you do to prepare for conversations with others?
We can just think of topics to discuss about before the start of the conversation. During the conversation, we will need to listen attentively and pay attention to the speaker, after they finish speaking, then think of constructive feedback and opinion.

Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
We can only do this after they finish talking. Most of the time, the speaker would mention it and you would need to pay attention to them so as to know.

How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
I feel like the person ins't listening to what I'm talking about. And they just want to know certain information. And I won't be able to know whether I talked till.  This will tell me that the person is rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment