Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening- Cassandra Chai

Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon?
Yes, I do.

If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
To clear my mind, I should pay attention and understand what the person is saying and how they are saying it.

Do you every find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share?
Yes, I do find myself wanting to jump in because I was eager to share.

How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share?
I can channel my excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share by understanding what others are saying until they finish talking.

What else can you do to prepare for conversation with others?
I can prepare for conversations by focusing on the topic, by knowing the topic I can concentrate on what the person is saying and more.

Can we ask them up front what they are looking for?
No, as this is rude and makes a bad impression for ourselves.

How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thought?
I feel bad when someone cut me off as it seems like what I was saying is not important.


No comments:

Post a Comment